24 Aug 2007

what to do on a saturday night?


So it appears Lower End Spasm is the hottest podcast series to subscribe to, getting plenty of attention, as is 4x4 check out Rupture's thoughts here. To be honest I'm loving 4x4 along with minimal just for the fact that it offers something different to dubstep, and trust me I'm not sick of it, just I firmly believe you need to get as much of a variety of music as you can, and well I happen to love DJ's who blend a variety of tunes together well, and forget genres.

I am currently happy to say that M.I.A's new album Kala has grown on me greatly, at first Jimmy was the only track that jumped out at me, on repeat listens though things seem to pick up and get a lot more interesting, and not as laid back as I first thought. Maybe the summer sun has made me love it more, but good god I wish I had Forward Motion on air now just so I could drop some of those tunes.

Another lady who's work I'm loving is my friend Laura, who's tune Nosey Nosey is quite frankly one very nice piece of techno....I should sell it more, but I feel very biased, go listen to it on her myspace and make up your own mind.

And in case you're wondering why I'm online on a Friday night it's because tomorrow night I have Benga, Scuba, Appleblim, Gravious, Dynamix, Funk Ethics and a few more to see, at the Tyne (No Name) and then at the Other Rooms (Heavyweight)

No comments: