29 Jul 2008

Where to?

Dan, over at the Lower End Spasm, makes a very good point about the state of play in 2008, and what is going on with the grime/electro thing. I think he highlights a few issues I've been having lately, that has led me to be lacking enthuisiasm. I did give myself a cross to bear by calling the show Forward Motion, a name that suggests nothing but the progressive and innovative. So when the grime I'm playing is at least 2 years old what am I saying? Either the new stuff isn't getting through to me, or I'm not feeling it, and well to be honest I think I'm just not feeling it.
That same observation goes for much of dubstep, there seems to be a shift towards an ever increasing reliance on formulas something that I don't think can ever be a positive step. Maybe it's just me.
So the question has to be where to?
Well at the minute I'm listening to DJ Venom and Damage in the mix.

No comments: