4 Nov 2007

I heard those beats on the radio

After a day, spent lazily listening to Gilles Peterson and Benji B on listen again, yes I like soulful beats. I also am very impressed by Soil and Pimp Sessions, check out the live sessions from the electric proms on Gilles' show. On another positive bit of radio from the last week Mary Anne Hobbs presented a very tasty selection from Flying Lotus.

While in a good link Mary Anne and Virus Syndicate roll into Newcastle on the 23rd November to play Northumbria Uni's Reds Bar courtesy of my old friends at Stropic and their live wing Catastropic.

While I'm on it, I have to say it's now unlikely that the radio show will return in it's old form, though I'm working on a few ideas and we may have something in the new year, after an all too quiet 2007.

No comments: