22 Nov 2005

They're back under starters orders

Well correction I am, it's a one man show up here, still no definitive new show name, it's quite simply Matt France on the NSR schedule and my profile is online on the new NSR site sadly the take a wee peek link for the new site has disappeared so you'll have to wait before you can read the propaganda that sprang forth from my keyboard about the show.
So what new music have I managed to obtain, well still no copy of either the Stacs of Stamina or Ghislain Poirier album, hopefully I'll have managed to obtain them by next week. I have however got hold of a copy of Sway's promo cd, which is sounding very tasty, and Richard Devine's Cautella which is not entirely what I was expecting and may take several listens before I'm fully involved in the record at the minute it is washing over me.
So what has happened in the land of Matt France this past week prior to going on air tonight, well I had the pleasure of sitting in on Phill Jupitus' Breakfast Show for 6Music as he broadcasted from the NSR studio with the infamous acoustics. Had a great time, bar having to set my alarm for 5AM that morning. I've also been busy immersing myself in experimental radio, both creating a piece, think I might work on something for the show over the coming month, also checked out a great piece from BBC Radio 3 entitled Sound Mirrors which was created by Hari Kunzru and Coldcut, well worth checking out if you can find it online anywhere.
Bring on 10PM and the show.
Peace.

No comments: