1 Nov 2005

Not Broadcasting in the Traditional sense

Just so you all know I won't be on air/online tonight as the streaming issue is still not sorted in the NSR studio, as soon as there are any positive developments I will let you know.
In the meantime I've been busy absorbing music, and well alot of radio education, for those who aren't aware I'm currently studying for a Masters in Radio (Production and Management) let me tell you it creates a sense of frustration when you're involved in other projects that you now know could be improved vastly, as if I didn't already know, still gotta love NSR for all the airtime they've given me.
On the Music front, the most important front, if you ask me, I've just got hold of the Modeselektor album which is one vast bag of electronic goodness, for one you have the immeadite impact of the bass heavy tracks most of which feature at least one collobarator, then you have the ambient melodic tracks that sound like they've been kidnapped from the warp back catalogue and been brought forward for a new generation to enjoy. I can see this album being used by me quite a bit.
On the bass heavy front my main men Lightbomb and Hadoken are gonna drop the ambience and go on an all out bass heavy attack, along withFirebrand who I haven't had the good fortune to see perform yet. They're promising a party atmosphere...I should be attending, but I won't be manipulating any laser discs on the night, sadly for me.
Also just spotted that my favourite collobrative mid-atlantic project will be releasing a third album next year, along with another pre-emptive assault in the form of a culture vulture mix. If you don't know who I'm going on about it's I-Sound's and Toby 'DJ Scud' Reynolds' Wasteland project.
On that great news I'm off to drink another coffee, contemplate what to do with my sorry ass for the next five hours, and obviously to play some tunes.
P.S I almost forgot go check out Diplo's Fabric Mix album and of course DJ/ Rupture's Low Income Tomorrowland

No comments: